Breast cancer now represents one in four of all cancers in women worldwide and touches lives every day. While experiences with the disease may vary, the desire to defeat breast cancer is universal. This year, in honor of a shared vision for a world without this disease, The Estée Lauder Companies’ Breast Cancer Awareness (BCA) Campaign celebrates the power of global solidarity by encouraging people around the world to “Take Action Together to Defeat Breast Cancer.” The 2016 BCA Campaign invites women, men and families to draw inspiration from one another and unite in action on BCAcampaign.com and social media, while supporting lifesaving breast cancer research.
Over the past two decades, The Estée Lauder Companies’ BCA Campaign, launched by the late Evelyn H. Lauder, co-creator of the Pink Ribbon and founder of the Breast Cancer Research Foundation® (BCRF), has been a leading voice for breast cancer awareness around the world, igniting a global movement that has helped save millions of lives and fund innovative breast cancer research. Today, The BCA Campaign is active in more than 70 countries and has raised more than $65 million to support global research, education and medical services, with more than $50 million funding 200 BCRF medical research grants worldwide over the past 22 years. These funds help accelerate critical research across wide-ranging areas such as tumor biology, heredity and ethnicity, lifestyle and prevention, treatment, survivorship and metastasis. Around the world, The BCA Campaign partners with more than 60 breast cancer organizations focused on breast cancer research, education and medical services. This year, The BCA Campaign is committed to raising $6 million in support of its mission to defeat breast cancer through education and medical research.
William P. Lauder, Executive Chairman of The Estée Lauder Companies Inc., proudly champions The BCA Campaign’s mission worldwide and continues to honor the legacy of his late mother, Evelyn H. Lauder, stating “Our longstanding commitment to defeating breast cancer is a powerful source of pride at The Estée Lauder Companies—spanning continents, cultures and languages. Each year, our employees, consumers and partners worldwide come together to enhance awareness, raise funds and inspire meaningful action to fight this disease.”
Whether going through a diagnosis, caring for someone who has been personally affected or simply wanting to know a world without this disease, each person has the power to make a difference. This year, The BCA Campaign spotlights the true impact of togetherness by connecting a variety of influencers and contributors to bring their diverse backgrounds and perspectives to its global community. From bloggers, fashion designers and fitness experts to survivors and medical professionals, together, these new contributors will share a range of advice, tips and resources designed to encourage action in ways that inspire, support others and promote health and wellness.
To encourage unique actions that resonate with individuals who have varying connections with the disease, The BCA Campaign’s global website, BCAcampaign.com, is evolving into an editorial destination featuring powerful, fresh content from diverse voices in the breast cancer community. A variety of educational, impactful resources will be brought to life through social and digital, providing ways for people to take action and create meaningful change in their own lives and the lives of others throughout the year.
Fabrizio Freda, President and Chief Executive Officer, The Estée Lauder Companies Inc., said, “At The Estée Lauder Companies, we continuously strive to have a meaningful impact in the communities where we live, work and have a presence. I am so proud of our Company’s collective efforts around the world, as we continue to elevate breast cancer education and medical research through The BCA Campaign.”
A variety of educational, impactful resources will be brought to life through social and digital, providing ways for people to take action and create meaningful change in their own lives and the lives of others throughout the year.
Elizabeth Hurley, Global Ambassador for The BCA Campaign, stated “Through my travels as The BCA Campaign’s Global Ambassador, I’ve met thousands of people touched by breast cancer and numerous experts who play a role in advancing breast cancer education and medical research. I truly believe there’s strength in numbers and strength in unity. Together, we can take action to defeat this terrible disease that touches so many of us.”
The following highly sought-after and iconic brands of The Estée Lauder Companies are contributing to The 2016 BCA Campaign by selling Pink Ribbon Products or making donations to BCRF: Aveda, Bobbi Brown, Bumble and bumble, Clinique, Darphin, Donna Karan New York, Estée Lauder, Jo Malone London, La Mer, Lab Series, Origins, Prescriptives, Smashbox, Tom Ford Beauty and Tory Burch. These brands come together in their support of The BCA Campaign’s mission to defeat breast cancer through education and medical research.
Beginning September 30, 2016, the global BCA Campaign will:
- Bring awareness to the importance of breast health globally by distributing educational brochures and millions of Pink Ribbons at The Estée Lauder Companies’ brand counters worldwide, as well as through BCAcampaign.com and social media @BCAcampaign
- Unite a variety of key partners and influencers worldwide to demonstrate the power of taking action together and encourage others to make a difference
- Galvanize The Estée Lauder Companies’ employees around the world to participate in walks, fundraisers, auctions, concerts and other events to benefit BCRF and local breast cancer charities
- Host a variety of workshops, seminars and trainings to raise awareness of breast cancer and early prevention
- Provide people around the world with a range of meaningful, impactful content on BCAcampaign.com that encourages them to take action in the fight against breast cancer throughout the year and offer opportunities to continue the conversation on social media
- Illuminate buildings, monuments and landmarks worldwide in glowing pink lights to raise awareness of breast health and empower people around the world to take action to defeat breast cancer; in New York, the iconic Pink Ribbon will scroll across the mast of the Empire State Building, which will be lit in brilliant pink.
- Kick off Breast Cancer Awareness Month by engaging BCA Campaign spokespeople at key events worldwide that spotlight the power of taking action together. On September 30, Elizabeth Hurley, Global Ambassador for The BCA Campaign, will ring The New York Stock Exchange Closing Bell®, joined by inspiring employees of The Estée Lauder Companies who are taking action to defeat breast cancer in a variety of ways.
- Offer Pink Ribbon Products globally through many of The Estée Lauder Companies’ sought-after beauty brands to raise awareness and funds
To participate in The 2016 BCA Campaign, visit BCAcampaign.com and follow on social media @BCAcampaign and #BCAstrength. Together, our actions can bring us closer to a world without breast cancer.