HYBRIDPRO: award-winning high-quality bag for high-quality contents
The HYBRIDPRO will celebrate its first birthday at FachPack.
Since its launch in 2015, this water-repellent paper bag has received several industry awards and accolades:
- The Limiting Environmental Impact at the 2016 Saint-Gobain Construction Products UK Supplier Conference and Awards
- A PART (Packaging: Art, Research, Technology) Award at the 2016 RosUpack packaging trade show in Moscow
- Shortlisted for a EUROSAC Grand Prix Award
- Shortlisted by RISI (forestry industry information provider) for its Pulp and Paper International Awards in November 2016
Mondi’s next generation of water-repellent paper bags has been developed as part of the company’s focus on exciting new solutions achieved through ongoing R&D work and collaboration with customers.
The HYBRIDPRO combines the best of both worlds: It offers all the protective advantages of a plastic bag, yet is fillable on conventional paper bag filling systems.
The HYBRIDPRO combines the best of both worlds: It offers all the protective advantages of a plastic bag, yet is fillable on conventional paper bag filling systems. Moreover, it is an eco-friendly solution as the total weight of material used is less than with standard three-ply designs serving the same purpose. The plastic and paper components are easy to separate, which ensures optimum recyclability.
Protector Bags: flexible, cost efficient, ecological
Protector Bags are paper-based bags designed especially for bulky and difficult-to-pack items such as automotive parts, bicycles, snowboards, electronics, etc.
- Flexible and protective – Made of several layers of paper, the Protector Bag provides cushioning and impact resistance, minimises vibration and prevents sharp edges or sharp points from penetrating the packaging by protecting from the inside and outside. Depending on the product to be packaged, different plies can be used, e.g. a soft fleece layer to protect varnished or chrome-plated goods.
- Cost efficient – Flexible materials allow denser stacking, so that more units fit in a smaller box or container, thus saving shipping and storage space. According to case studies, the volume of the packaged goods can be reduced by as much as 60%. That translates to significant reductions in logistics and storage costs.
- Ecological – Material usage is reduced, and CO2 emissions during shipping are lower.
Visit the Mondi booth at FachPack in Nuremberg (Hall 7, Booth 254), 27–29 September 2016, to see the HYBRIDPRO bag, the Protector Bags as well as other solutions for a wide range of industries. Mondi delivers fresh ideas and real solutions for customers’ packaging needs.